Terms and conditions.
Contributing to the Incognito Art Show
- Registration as an artist for the Incognito Art show 2024 will open early 2024.
Instructions and conditions
Anyone can enter artwork to the Incognito Art Show. It’s one of the great aspects of the Incognito Art Show. It’s accessible to any level of artist from emerging to professional! Don’t hesitate to register, we want you!
- Each artist is restricted to entering up to three artworks. Incognito Art Show reserves the right to amend this condition by special request. To apply to contribute more than three artworks email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Your submitted artwork/s
- Must be completed-on or applied-to the A5 Incognito postcards provided by Incognito Art Show.
- Must NOT exceed the size limit of A5 (148mm x 210mm).
- May be produced in any medium of your choice (e.g. oil, acrylic, watercolour, mixed media, photography… it’s up to you!).
- Must not be signed on the front.
- Must have the reverse side completed with the artist name detailed as a minimum requirement.
- The Incognito Art Show team reserves the right to not exhibit any artwork they consider not to be in the spirit of the show or incomplete. (It doesn’t have to be the Mona Lisa but effort should be evident!).
Preparing the work for return post
- Must be complete and safe for postal delivery.
- Must NOT be wet when submitted.
- Must NOT include any hanging devices such as hooks or wires. The Incognito Art show team will hang it ourselves.
- Responsibility for returning the artwork in an appropriate condition lies with you, the artist. If you do not return the artwork, there is no consequence aside from it not being exhibited and sold.
- The Incognito Art Show team will assume the condition your artwork is in on arrival is the condition you intend for it to be exhibited. If there are obvious issues, we will endeavour to contact you in regards to repairs.
Delivering your artwork
Artworks will only be accepted during the period outlined above in ‘key dates’.
Incognito Art Show has provided a pre-paid return envelope for artworks to be sent back in. If you would like to send it back in any other packaging, that is fine. Please send it to:
Att: David Liston
PO BOX A972, SYDNEY SOUTH, NSW, 1235
Incognito Art Show will NOT pay for any additional costs incurred in the delivery of any artwork, including freight, customs duty or import tax.
For any artwork arriving from outside Australia, please try to get your artwork finalised well before May to account for COVID-19 related delays.
Exhibiting the work
The artist grants Incognito Art Show permission to display their artwork/s online and on associated social media accounts, as well as to exhibit the artwork/s for sale in the Incognito Art Show sale.
Placement of each artwork and the curation of the show will be at the discretion of the event organisers.
Participating artists agree to have their participation in the event promoted by Incognito Art Show on digital platforms and in the media, including any promotional images sent to organisers in the lead up to the event.
The artist guarantees that the work is their original work and does not infringe the copyright, moral rights or other rights of any other artist or third party.
Incognito Art Show will only credit the artist when exhibiting, reproducing or publishing the work or communicating the work to the public AFTER the completion of the show. This is in line with the mission of Incognito Art Show.
Licensing the work
In relation to a submitted artwork, the artist grants to Incognito Art Show a non-exclusive, worldwide, royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual licence to reproduce (including photograph) the work in material form, publish and communicate the work to the public for the following purposes, and anything incidental to such purposes: marketing, publicity, educational, publication and archival uses of Incognito Art Show in relation to the exhibition in all media, including electronic/digital, broadcasting and print media.
The licence above includes the right to sublicense to Incognito Art Show’s sponsors or the not-for-profits we partner with in accordance with its agreements with those persons.
Our commitment to you
Your personal information will:
- be handled in an appropriate, transparent and lawful way.
- be kept in a form which permits us to identify you.
- be collected in a way that is necessary in relation to the purpose of Incognito Art Show.
- be processed securely.
Personal information we collect when you register for participation in the Incognito Art Show.
The types of personal information we may collect about you when you register, include:
- your first and last name.
- your mobile phone number.
- your contact details, including email address, social media accounts and postal address details.
Collection and use of personal information
The personal information we collect from you is used for the following reasons:
- To identify you as the artist of the anonymised artworks we exhibit and sell, once they’re sold.
- to enable you to access and use our website and associated social media platforms.
- for administrative purposes.
- to promote the Incognito Art Show, we like to promote the artists taking part. For this purpose we’ll promote your name, social media accounts and/or website. Please let us know if you would not like us to do so.
- to contact and communicate with you for the purposes of operating Incognito Art Show in 2024 and into the future.
- to comply with our legal obligations and resolve any disputes that we may have.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties.
We will only share personal information with third parties, if required by law or if you provide us with permission to do so. To provide the service to you, we may disclose your personal information to:
- third party service providers for the purpose of enabling them to provide their services, including (without limitation) IT service providers, data storage, web-hosting and server providers, associated charities.
Upon written request, we may provide you with a list of the third parties we use to process your personal information.
Your rights and controlling your personal information
Choice and consent: You are able to withdraw your consent at any time. We will immediately stop processing your data. You can contact us, using the contact details below.
Access to your data: You have the right to ask us about what data we hold about you, how we process it and provide you with a copy of the information, free of charge and within one month of your request.
You can request for any personal information we hold and process about you. We will verify your identity before providing the information. We hope you understand the reason for doing so.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us using the details below. We endeavour to always display correct information, so appreciate you letting us know when a correction is needed.
Complaints: If you wish to make a complaint, please contact us using the details below and provide us with full details of the complaint. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you, in writing, setting out the outcome of our investigation and the steps we will take to deal with your complaint. You also have the right to make a complaint to the Australian Information Commissioner.
If you wish to raise concerns about our data processing, then please contact us using the contact details below, with your concerns.
Erasure of your data (the “right to be forgotten”): Under some circumstances you may request us to delete your data from our systems. Where this is possible (e.g. we don’t have any legal purpose for continuing to process your data) we will erase it from our systems.
If you wish to exercise your right to be forgotten, please contact us via the contact details below.
Storage and security
We will ensure that the personal information we collect is secure. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that is transmitted to or by us over the Internet.
Once our first sale has closed, your data will typically be kept within our database so we can contact you in relation to future Incognito Art Shows. This will be the case unless requested otherwise by you.
Links to other websites
How to contact us
For any questions or notices, please contact our Privacy Officer at:
David Liston - email@example.com
We may change or update elements of this privacy notice from time to time or as required by law.
Last update: August 2023